Here’s why you won’t see any posts about my love life.
1. It’s none of your business. Which is the most odd thing for me to say. This girl, who openly shares so much about her life. I am purposely choosing not to share that part.
2. I don’t always know what I’m doing. Listen, I said “to death do us part” to my ex-husband and neither of us is dead. So... I would prefer to take my L’s in private.
3. For his sake. It is my choice to be a “public figure” I don’t think he should have to have his privacy invaded because of how I post. To be honest, this was a lesson I learned in my last relationship. I posted a lot of our comings and going and him being a good guy in general and that still ended. Not that I regret our time together or the posts, because it was a significant chunk of my life; but somethings should just be for us.
4. The way some of y’all are set up, you are still following him (my ex-boyfriend) and we haven’t been together in 2 years.
5. So much of what people post is flat out bullshit or make believe. Seriously, I can show you a screen shot right now of a girl who posted her #ManCrushMonday and a screen shot of her "man" in my DM, about an hour later AND every other day after that. So, yeah - what I'm not about to do is have myself out here looking stupid.
For now, there are pictures but they stay on our camera rolls.
Also, for the record, I am happily, um exploring my options... but unless you happen to see us out, you won’t know who he is. You may see an occasional “we” or a post where it is obvious I am not alone, but you won’t see any “look how in love we are” selfies. I believe there is a big difference between keeping my love life private and being secretive. Oh, and before you go looking through my social media feed - the dudes that comment the most are the ones trying to get my attention and probably not him.