1. Pick a name. Sounds simple, it is not. You need something that is catchy and unique, but not so unique that people don’t know how to spell it when they are looking for you.
2. Start with finding your niche. I am a Lifestyle Blogger and that has evolved over time. I started as an organizing blogger, then crafts, then added fitness and now lifestyle that encompasses more topics. To start, you should decide what you are most passionate about and want to write about the most.
3. Pick a host. I have used almost all of them and Word Press and Square Space are both very easy to use, especially for beginners. The themes are great, easy to choose and edit yourself. They have options to sell products if that's what you plan to do, as well as connect all your social media channels.
4. Buy your domain name. It’s always more professional to have mikitaburton.com instead of mikitaburton.wordpress.com (for example). Domains are easy to buy through your host (word press or square space or whoever you chooses). They are usually about $20 per year.
5. Make sure your blog is in line with your social media. A lot of bloggers have personal pages, as well as business pages to keep their message consistent. I am my own brand, so my personal and business mix well.
6. Start writing. As a general guide, I would have 3 - 5 post ready to go before you launch.
7. Be consistent. Honestly, it is still something I am working on. You want to write quality post as often as you can.
8. Sign up for blogger reviews. Staring out, you will need to write in exchange for product or tickets or exposure. You won't get paid post right away, you will need to build a following and audience.
9. Promote yourself using hashtags. I've been accused of using too many hashtags and that's not a thing! Hashtags are how brands find you, how people find you when search for your niche. USE ALL THE HASHTAGS!